Tuesday 14 February 2012

Pay it forward and I am not your step up in life..

These two topics have been on my mind of late. I think both are so very relevant to my journey at the moment.

Pay it forward is something I feel very strongly about. I know there are so many people who struggle with weight, and I think we beat ourselves up thinking we are the only ones who feel the way we do, when in fact there are so many other people who feel that way as well.

Through my journey so far there have been so many people who have been supportive of me and have helped to shape me and my journey, I only hope that I am able to give that support to another person. I have this need to support other people who are trudging this path of self discovery. This for me is so much more than just weight loss, for the weight loss to happen I have to have my mindset in the right space and I also have to have me as a priority, I have to value myself enough to put myself forward. I know for myself I have tried so many times to loose weight without involving those other factors, I worked on the if I just eat right, if I just moved more it would all happen and everything would be wonderful. Well it never worked and all that ended up happening is I felt worse about myself. I want to share the things I have learn, I want to pay it forward and help others to maybe not struggle as much as I have. I am not really sure how I will do this. Currently there is a facebook group that I am very active in, I started it at the start of the last round of 12WBT. I hope to be able to encourage and support the people in that group. I will have to think about how I pay it forward on a bigger level.

I really hope that everyone else feels that paying it forward is important, and I hope to see the changes in them and those they are supporting. It really is amazing to share of yourself without expecting anything and without reserve to support another person.

The other part of today's post is I am not your step up in life. As I continue to work through things and come to discover myself more and more I have begun to realise I will let people walk all over me, I will keep my mouth shut even when I think there is something that should be said. Previously I have done this as I have been to scared, worried that I might offend someone and that they might not like me. I am beginning to realise I don't have to be everyone steps, it is important for me to say how I am feeling, I would go as far as to say it is imperative for me to be true to me and voice my opinions. That doesn't mean I think everyone should think the same as me, and when I voice my opinions it should be done with honour and respect of the beliefs of those around me.

This is something I still struggle with, I am working on it and I will continue to work on it everyday. I do not need to be worried about what others think of me. If someone doesn't like me, that is their choice and lets be real about it I do not need them in my life, they can take their path and I can take mine, but they do not have the power to influence me or my journey in any way that I do not want them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment